Anniversary Makeup by Rachael Kiss N Makeup!

Last year on our anniversary we didn't have any plans because I wanted to save money. We ended up going to City Creek to shop and eat dinner and... we spent the whole night fighting. Not joking. LOL. So this year I told my husband I really wanted to plan something, even if it wasn't expensive, I just wanted to plan SOMETHING so we didn't end up spending the whole night fighting again ;) 

Colten ended up planning a surprise getaway! (One night at Anniversary Inn & one night at 5th East Hall). It was an amazing anniversary weekend. I absolutely love having little getaways with him. 

I wanted to do something a little special since he was doing so much for me, so I had Rachael come doll me up with her makeup powers!


She did such a good job! I usually don't wear much makeup so this was a big change for me! But I loved feeling a little more dressed up than usual for our special anniversary night. I can't believe it's been over 3 years now!!


Rachael was so amazing to work with. She had me send her a bunch of inspiration pics so she could see what I was looking for. She new how to pick colors that were good for my skin tone and she contoured my face like a boss without making me look too overdone.


She also gave me some tips along the way and I asked her a million questions. Despite being a hairstylist, makeup is something I'm just not that good at. So it was fun to learn her favorite products (Some of them are from the drug store! Holla!) and some of her tricks for making my makeup look the way I wanted it to.


She also used Lipsense Dark Pink on me and it was bold but not too bold for this Carmex-wearing gal. I'd absolutely recommend Rachael for all your makeup needs! I wish so badly I had booked her for my wedding 3 years ago. I mean, how great does this makeup look in my pictures? She was so sweet, she came to my house and made me feel pampered and pretty. So go check her out on Instagram at @Rach.KissNMakeup and see all her amazing transformations!


Rachael did my makeup in exchange for a blog post review, but you know, I only promote products & services I truly believe it. She goes the extra mile for ya!


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: