What I Hope My Young Women Know

The Young Women's program shaped my teenage years. It taught me so many things and introduced me to so many people. I gained my own testimony of Jesus Christ, The Book of Mormon, and the temple by completing Personal Progress. I dreamed of one day being a Young Women's leader and having the kind of influence my leaders had on me. 

I've been in the Young Women's presidency for just over a year now. I'm winging it. I love the Young Women with all my heart, my heart breaks when they go through trials. Sometimes I feel like I can't get the words out right, or don't have the courage to tell them all I hope they know. I hope when my Young Women become young adults, college students, wives, mothers, business women, etc, that they look back at their time in Young Women and remember a few things that I am striving to teach them.



Photo from: Hello Lovely Shop

I hope you know that when it comes down to it, this gospel is His. It is not complicated, in fact, it is very simple. All we need to do is become more and more like Him each day. I hope you keep Christ at the center of everything you do, and that when you doubt the truthfulness of the gospel (because I think we all do at LEAST a few times in our lives) that you re-focus your testimony on Jesus Christ because it will help you find the knowledge you need. 

I hope you know that your body is sacred and glorious. I hope you find ways to take care of it. I hope you know that having a perfect body does not bring true happiness. I hope you NEVER let someone tell you that you are responsible for someone else's virtue. You are in charge of your own virtue and that is it. No matter what you are wearing, I hope you demand respect from those you associate with. You are more than your body.

I hope you look forward to the future with optimism. You have already overcome so much. The Lord saved you for THIS DAY because he knew he could trust you. Your future is glorious! Whether you want to be a doctor, a hairstylist, a wife, a mom, a teacher, or a dentist, I hope you chase your dreams and keep Heavenly Father in the loop about them. He will help you reach your dreams, he wants you to succeed. 

I hope you turn to the scriptures for answers. I hope you drink deeply from their pages. The Bible & The Book of Mormon were written for you. You will have the spirit with you to a fuller extent when you do. I hope you know that everything we do in Young Women's is to prepare you to go to the temple. I LOVE THE TEMPLE. Do not let anything get in your way from becoming endowed. You will learn the ways of heaven in the temple. Go regularly now and never slack off, the temple will bring you peace. My garments are invaluable. I wear them with gratitude and happiness, how grateful I am that I can figuratively take a piece of the temple with me and wear them everyday. They are worth the fashion sacrifices. The promises associated with them are INCREDIBLE and life-changing. Get to the temple so you can learn more about those beautiful promises.

I hope you save sexual intimacy for marriage. Why? Because it is awesome! Yep, I said that. Intimacy with your spouse will be amazing! Heavenly Father intended it to be. I hope you know sex is so good, and that is why you want to save it for that special someone with whom you will spend eternity. This is why Satan is working so hard to convince women that their bodies define their worth. But he is WRONG. You are more than that. And if you've already given it away, I hope you know that you can be clean again. Jesus Christ atoned for this very reason. You can be forgiven, you are not used-merchandise. You are God's own precious daughter. He would not have you belittle yourself one moment longer. Repent and move on. Choose to save your procreative powers for marriage and you will never regret it!

I hope you will be kind to others. In a world full of cyber-bullying and real-life bullying, I hope you stand up for yourself and others. I hope you stand up for the lonely, the lost and the outcasts. The Lord needs you to be His hands here on earth. You have roles only you can fill, you are irreplaceable and the world is better because you are in it! I hope you step away from electronics and social media sometimes to be still. This is something I am working on, but oh how my spirit aches for stillness. 

I hope you turn to me in times of trial and sadness. One of the worst things I've ever done in my life is try to make it on my own. Turn to those you trust for help, listening, and love. There is power in numbers, we all need each other. We are truly all just walking each other home. 

Turn to Jesus Christ. Let Him be there for you. Pray to FEEL His arms wrap around you. Learn of Him. Learn of His life, His atonement, His love for you. Teach His ways to others. Try to live like Him. Turn to Him when you need a friend. In my own personal deepest, darkest moments, Christ has become my very best friend, and I would not trade that relationship for the world. He is the gospel. The Church is Jesus Christ's. It belongs to Him. And He loves you so very much. He wants you to be happy and He wants to be YOUR very best friend too. He is the reason we are all going to make it home. That's the number one thing I want you to know.

Because of Christ, we are all going to make it home. And what a beautiful day that will be.


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png