Preparing for my first 5K- Rescue Run 5K

A few weeks ago we went to Moab, UT to watch my sister in law run her first half marathon. We had a great weekend and as we stood at the finish line waiting for her to cross I got that feeling. Ya know that one that makes you say, "Oh crap. What am I getting myself into?" That's the one. 

I mentioned to my husband that I would love to do that one day. We both brushed it off but as soon as we got home I started my research. I decided to do the Couch to 5K program and discovered they have an app. It's a 9 week program to get you running your first 5K. Tonight I finished week 2. 


Striped Jacket & Leggings: Albion Fit
Shoes: Nike


The app is amazing because you push START and it begins your workout. You can turn on your music and the app will interrupt you when it's time to walk or run. In fact, I use the LDS Gospel library to listen to old General Conference talks and run the app in the background. 

Through my blog, I've been given the opportunity to run the Rescue Run 5K on May 21st. My mom's birthday and my 3 year engagement anniversary. I was scared to sign up because it will be one week after I finish my Couch to 5K and that just did not seem like enough time. I wanted to overprepare and be like an amazing rockstar at running before I ever signed up for a race. This opportunity was the perfect chance for me to push myself. 

You probably won't hear me stop talking about this until it's over because well... if I don't, I'm afraid I'll give up. I'm TERRIFIED. What if I'm the last across the finish line? What if I walk a ton of it? What if I get blisters on race day? What if I embarrass myself? 

I need to do this. To prove to myself that I am capable of starting and finishing something like this. I'm nervous but excited! Tonight as I finished my 31 minute workout I was surprised it was already over. It went by fast and I didn't feel like I was going to die which was a miracle! 

If you live in Utah, you should definitely consider signing up with me. I could use a friend or two and it's for a great cause! If you sign up by Monday night you can save $10 off race fee. It will only be $25 and of course you get an awesome tee shirt and the money is donated to Operation Underground Railroad. 



 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: