NOVEMBER CURRENTLY

It's been a really long time since I've done a "currently" post to show you what I'm up to in my every day life! November is crisp and clear, and I'm getting really excited for Christmas! Enjoy.



WATCHING// The 2nd season of The Originals on Netflix. I really loved Vampire Diaries so I figured The Originals would be pretty good too. It is but... it's a lot more action and goryness than VD ever was. It's taking me awhile to get through because there are some things you just can't unsee.

EATING // I had my first Chickfila Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake of the season last night and it was heavenly! 

DRINKING // Coke Zero with a splash of vanilla. Perfection.

MISSING // This time last year I was a "stay at home dog mom" while we got settled in our house and while I figured out what I wanted the next step in my life to be. I miss all the free time I had this time of year in 2014 vs now working full time and 2 church callings that keep me busy busy.

WANTING // Snow. The best part of working from home is that if it snows, I don't have to drive in it! LOL! If it's gonna be this cold in November it may as well snow right?

PLANNING // Christmas shopping! We've already crossed a few people off our lists. I love love love Christmas shopping! 

BUYING // This week I splurged on two new Essie nail polishes and I'm obsessed. My nails look so good. I'm an Essie brand snob, I know. 

I also bought each of my dogs 3 sweaters/pajamas from Target because they were only $3 each! Such a steal! Benny does not like his at all and has figured out how to get one off. Jack on the other hand loves them and is so cute!

READING // More Than the Tattooed Mormon by Al Fox. It releases soon but I got a pre-release copy to read and review here on my blog so you'll be finding my review here on November 17th. It's been AMAZING so far. She has a really refreshing view of Christ's gospel. 

I'm also reading my Book of Mormon 15 minutes each day. It is my own little escape to paradise. I love the peace I find when I make time to read each day.

MAKING // Last Sunday I used my bread maker to make a loaf of bread while we were at church. I came home and the house smelled AMAZING and we had homemade Honey Grain bread. Colten and I decided this should be a Sunday tradition so we went out and bought bread floud (so fancy!) and some more whole wheat flour as well.

NEEDING // A few days off of work. I always feel behind on life. On my calling, on housework, on spending time with my husband, on everything. Colten and I both request Dec 21st-23rd off and we get 24th and 25th off too so we will have over a whole week PTO. I keep telling him how excited I am for our Christmas break!

LEARNING // That I don't have to be anything other than I am right this second in order for God to use me. I can make a difference exactly as I am right now.

TALKING // I spend a lot of time talking with Colten about finances. We are trying to figure out what to prioritize our wants and needs. We've got really used to living off of both our incomes and we are trying to back to living off his and using mine to solely pay things off. Our down payment mortgage is our main priority right now. In a year we've paid about 1/2 off which I'm super proud of, but we've got a goal to pay it off in the next 6 months. Pray for us!

SPENDING // Time in quiet. I've been really making it a point at night to spend time just being quiet and still rather than always having the TV on or music on in the background. It's been amazing and I've been feeling really inspired lately. And more at peace with the craziness of life, which is also a great blessing.

LISTENING // To Carrie Underwood's new CD Storyteller. I love every song. Carrie keeps getting better and better. I've just been listening to it on Spotify and I'm super grateful they have it already!

FEELING // Grateful and hopeful. We've been in a bit of a rough patch between work and callings right now. Colten is Elder's Quorum Pres and I'm 1st counselor in YW and ward organist. Work has also had a lot of changes for both of us lately and it has been really stressful. I think we are turning a really good corner in our lives and things are starting to settle down. Heavenly Father is blessing us and watching out for us and I know that for a fact. 


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

2 comments:

Tayler Morrell said...

"That I don't have to be anything other than I am right this second in order for God to use me. I can make a difference exactly as I am right now." LOVE THIS!!!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I need to get one of these peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes ASAP. That sounds amazing!