The Power of 15 Minutes //

If you read my post about What Comes Next for my fitness journey, you know that I'm dedicating just 15 minutes a day to working out. That's it. Just 15 minutes a day 5X a week.

Because of that decision, I've spent the last week or so pondering on the power of 15 minutes a day. Which led me to recommit to reading God's words 15 minutes a day. It seems like it's the millionth time I've recommitted, and 15 minutes doesn't sound like much. So I wondered, what would the significance of 15 minutes a day look like long term?



15 minutes a day= 5,475 minutes a year
5,475 minutes a year= 91.25 hours
91.25 hours= 3.80 days

That's almost 4 DAYS A YEAR. By giving up just 15 minutes a day, over the course of one year I will spend almost 4 days solely reading from the scriptures. That seems pretty powerful to me.

It's like saying, "Here's 4 days of my complete attention to you God, what do you what to teach me in those 4 days?" Sometimes I read my 15 minutes right before bed, sometimes in the morning, and sometimes on a 15 minute work break.

So what could you do for 15 minutes a day? What do you want to change? What do you want to improve? 15 minutes a day over a lifetime could make a significant impact! A super significant impact.

I'm a firm believe in small & simple things. So for right now, this 15 minutes is my small & simple thing that will bring great things into my life.


 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

2 comments:

Tayler Morrell said...

And if you think about it...God asks for 10% in tithing, but 4 days out of a year is little over 1%. You can easily give 1% of your year to better your relationship with God!

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I love that you made this specific goal!! It is definitely making me re-evaluate the need for more specific and measurable health and spiritual goals.