My Fitness Journey- What Comes Next?

In my last fitness post, I wrote about my Week 4 Personal Training Update, and that I was quitting. I still feel kinda weird about it. Like, I know that was the right choice for me right now, but I'm still trying to figure out where to go from here. 

We just got back from a 5 day vacation (3 days in Disneyland yay!) where I chose to not worry about calories, working out or any of that! I just wanted to enjoy myself and the company I was with. However, lines at Disneyland are long, and so are flight delays, and 2 hours sitting waiting for a parade, which gave me a lot of time to ponder... What Comes Next?



What comes next in my fitness journey? Am I going to give up? Am I going to keep counting calories? Should I keep doing 30 minute workouts 5X a week? Should I give up soda again for the 100th time? Should I stop worrying about myself physically and figure out where I am mentally, emotionally, and spiritually before I start worrying about how my body looks?

I love Sharlee's post about Changing the Purpose of Exercise. Basically, I'm changing the purpose of exercise as well. I want to start working out because I LOVE my body, not because I hate it. 

I want this new goal to be manageable. New habits are hard for me. Especially these types of habits, so I decided to take it easy on myself and make a goal I could actually stick to. Like 100% for sure I know I can do this without stressing out. 

15 minutes a day every week day. 

Should I commit more time to my health? Probably. But right now, I have a lot of other things on my plate. I'm really working on finding a balanced life right now. One where I can juggle everything I need to and still feel like I'm taking care of me. 

So for right now, I'm not counting calories, I'm not weighing myself each day, I'm not buying a gym membership. I'm just working out 15 minutes a day 5X a week because I LOVE my body. I'm sure this journey will change as I change, and as my life schedule changes, and as habits become solidified. But for right now, I LOVE my body for all the great things it does. I may have 30 pounds to lose, but I'm committing 15 minutes 5X a week to loving my body and showing it the care it deserves, and that to me, is progress.



 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

1 comment:

Tayler Morrell said...

You have to do what will work for you. I like to run 30 min plus work out 15-20 min after 5x a week, but with a 15 month old, sometimes that's not reasonable. But, I at least try to get in a walk around the block every day.