Staying at Paradise Pier Hotel // Disneyland Resort

Quite a few years ago, my parents joined the Disney Vacation Club. I'm still not 100% sure how that "timeshare" works, but I know that being a member of the club made it so we were able to stay at Disney resort hotels when going to Disneyland. We've been so spoiled! Over the past few years I have been able to stay in each of the 3 Disneyland Resort hotels (Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, Grand California Hotel) at least once which has been amazing! Now that I've stayed at each, I decided to write a little blog post for each about my likes and dislikes about each hotel. Disclaimer- Your fun might not be my fun! And if you've got a bucket list, you should totally add staying at each Disneyland Resort hotel to decide which is your favorite for yourself ;)



Being up front and honest, Paradise Pier hotel is my all time favorite Disneyland Resort Hotel. There are so many things that I love about it. It's named Paradise Pier because many of the rooms of the hotel 

Price: 

While more expensive than non-Disney property hotels, Paradise Pier is the most affordable of the 3 Disney hotels. 

Rooms:

I've read that Paradise Pier rooms are the most spacious of the 3 hotels, which after staying in all 3 I honestly believe it! Though I don't have the blue prints to back it up. I love the beach theme of the hotel. It's very relaxed and the rooms are clean. They were also recently updated with new furniture and all that good stuff. 

Dining:

PCH Grill is a character dining breakfast. It is so yummy! Fruit, Mickey Waffles, Eggs, Bacon & more. The grill however is closed for lunch and the characters do not appear at dinner. Surfside Lounge is another table service restaurant inside the hotel. They offer breakfast patries, coffee, sandwiches, burgers and salads. This is more relaxed that PCH and is good if you are in a hurry. 

Activities: 

The BEST part about this hotel in my opinion is the fact that you can watch the Disneyland fireworks from the pool level roof. They even pump the soundtrack in to match the fireworks which is so magical. We've always got there about 5-10 minutes early and there's always seating. It's SO much better than waiting at the park for forever and standing for the entire show. (although I'm totally up for that any night!) 

Near the check in desk there is the Paradise Theater where kids can watch classic Disney movies. This is a nice place for kids to relax if they need a break from the parks for awhile. 

For you park-goers, the hotel offers Trivia Challenges! You get the list of questions from the Guest Services desk in the Main Lobby, take them with you and fill them out throughout the park. Once you've answered all the questions you can bring it back to Guest Services for your gift! We did the A Pirates Life for Me Challenge and got lots of booty!! ( Chocolate coins) They also have an It's a Small World, Ariel's Under the Sea, and Trader Sam's Challenges. 

The pool there isn't huge, but it is pretty! My family isn't super into swimming while on our Disney vacations so I'm not sure I've ever actually swam in it, but it's definitely there if you're into that. 

Overall: 

If I could choose any hotel to stay in while on my Disneyland vacation, it would be Paradise Pier. And it's surprisingly affordable for a Disney hotel. Read all about HERE on Disney's official site. 

Do you have a favorite hotel to stay at in Disneyland? 




 photo signature_zps58d2tge3.png

No comments: