Falling In Love With The Book of Mormon


I've been trying to read The Book of Mormon more often during my free time at work. When things are slow, I try to read a chapter or two. I don't always get incredible life-changing revelations, occasionally I do, but more often it is just a quiet sense of peace that overcomes any anxiety, stress or fear. I find peace when I read and study The Book of Mormon.

I'm in love with the way I feel when I'm reading The Book of Mormon. I'm in love with the way it strengthens my testimony of Christ. I'm in love with how it takes my selfishness and helps me turn outward, and look around to see who I can help. I'm in love with the way it affects my relationships. I'm a better wife when I'm reading The Book of Mormon. And I love the story of Parley P. Pratt and the first time he read The Book of Mormon.



“I opened it with eagerness, and read its title page. I then read the testimony of several witnesses in relation to the manner of its being found and translated. After this I commenced its contents by course. I read all day; eating was a burden, I had no desire for food; sleep was a burden when the night came, for I preferred reading to sleep.

“As I read, the spirit of the Lord was upon me, and I knew and comprehended that the book was true, as plainly and manifestly as a man comprehends and knows that he exists.” (Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt,3d ed., Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1938, pp. 36–37.)

Have you fallen in love with The Book of Mormon? 


 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

3 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I read the Book of Mormon every morning and I love it. I've been reading from my scriptures that are falling apart and I cannot get enough. I just started Jacob!

Tayler Morrell said...

This is such a great and beautifully simple blog post! The Book or Mormon is a wonderful thing!

Anonymous said...

I love this and yes, I love the Book of Mormon too!!!! Studying it with the Holy Bible has brought so much joy to my life.