3 Books Every Newlywed Should Read

When I was engaged, I read everything about marriage I could get my hands on. I knew I wanted to be married & I wanted to be as prepared as possible to have the best marriage possible.



So here's 3 books I think every newlywed should read.

I'm not 100% for boxing people into specific "personality types" but there is too much truth behind the 5 love languages for me to deny it. We took the online quiz early on in our marriage & it really helped me understand how to show Colten my appreciation & love for him even better.

Lots of marriage books say to read the book together & to work together on your marriage, and while my husband has always been open to my hair-brained ideas about improving our marriage, not all husbands are. And sometimes I just don't want to bore him. I love that this book is all about improving yourself & improving your relationship all by yourself. 

This book has a Christian perspective on marriage and hits all the hot topics you encounter during your first year of marriage. This book focuses on not just not getting divorced, but also on how to make your marriage your happiest relationship. 


What marriage books have you read & love? 


 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've read the Five Languages of Love a month or so after our wedding, and it has definitely made a big difference in our marriage. Learning to embrace each other's love language has helped fill our love tanks.

I'm definitely checking out the two other books you've recommended. Thanks, Brooklyn!

Charlene Maugeri said...

I've read the 5 Love Languages and it changed everything! I've never heard of the other two. I'll have to check them out! Have you read For Women Only and For Men Only? They really opened my eyes to some major differences between men and women and helped me understand my husband better. Even reading For Men Only helped because I better understood what men don't understand about women. Does that make sense? lol

Anonymous said...

Definitely want to read the one about improving your relationship without talking about it. I've never heard of it before, thanks for sharing!