A 2 Minute Pep Talk: For a Bad Hair Day

Welcome to a BRAND NEW series on my blog! And even better, a VLOG SERIES! Things are getting pretty serious around here I guess you could say. ;) I'm excited to finally share with you something I've been thinking, planning, praying and pondering over for about 3 months now. Trying to decide how to execute it, the frequency of the posts, and if I really trust myself vlogging. So here it is folks, part one of a series of 2 minute pep talks, designed to brighten your day.
___________________________________________





A 2 minute pep talk, for your next bad hair day.

So you woke up this morning and tried EVERYTHING with your hair. Whether you fell asleep on it wet, which leaves mine looking like Mufasa, or maybe it just won't do anything right because it's frizzy or oily or whatever. Just trust me, I know exactly how you feel.

In the most recent General Conference Women's Meeting, President Uchtdorf gave an amazing talk. In it he said, "Do you suppose it matters to our Heavenly Father whether your makeup, clothes, hair and nails are perfect? Do you think your value to him changes based on how many followers you have on Instagram or Pinterest? Do you think he wants you to worry or get depressed if someone un-friends or un-follows you on Facebook? Do you think your outward attractiveness, your dress size or popularity make the slightest difference in your worth to the one who created the universe? He loves you not only for who you are this very day, but also for the person of glory and light you have the potential and desire to become."

Isn't that perfect? Isn't that what every girl needs to hear when her hair isn't working?

I remember I had a friend once tell me that it is important to spend time every morning getting yourself ready. Making yourself feel beautiful, and respecting the glorious body you've been given. Then the second you walk out the door, you forget about yourself. You stop worrying about your hair and start worrying about other people. Service is the antidote to inferiority.

Don't worry about what others are thinking about you when you're with them, worry about what others are thinking about THEMSELVES when they're with you. Focusing on making other's happy will help you forget your own worries, and your bad hair day is just that: one. bad. hair. day.

___________________________________________

So what did you think? Any 2 minute pep talk ideas??

 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Like with my heart and soul. That was the perfect way to start your vlogging endeavors and your message was just so sweet. You are going to touch a lot if people with this one little video! xo

Ashley Eliza said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post so much.Womens conference was so great, each and every talk. You are so dang cute and i adore this post. Just what I needed to hear toady. xo!

McKenzie said...

I don't know how I missed this before but I LOVE it. Seriously, amazing Brooklyn!