Higher

For part of our anniversary we went to the Salt Lake Temple where we were married last year. We walked around the temple talking about how beautiful it is, and how grateful we are for the sacrifices made that allowed that temple to be built. I pondered on my new church calling I've received, which I will hopefully be able to write about soon. I pondered on how easy it is to feel overwhelmed, inadequate and under prepared.

And then I thought of this scripture...

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

All we have to do, is live a little higher than before. All we have to do, is put ourselves in situations that allow us to live a little closer to heaven. And that is truly, all the Lord asks of us.



 photo jolley-sig_zps8e3a9f4d.jpg

No comments: