A Letter to My Future Husband- by The Laura Way







My dear husband,

I have no idea who you are or where you are. But I think about you a lot. What our life may be like. How the decisions I make today will affect our lives together. Will we be totally different personalities or will we have all of our interests be the same?

I pray for you a lot. I pray that you make strong decisions that you won't regret. I pray that you have a whole bunch of patience because you'll need it for the rest of your life when you meet me. Maybe you're the calm and collected to my crazy. Or maybe you'll just make me even more crazy, though I don't know if that's possible.

I hope you know that I'll support you in life. I want your journey to be our journey and mine ours too. I hope you know that when your days don't go as planned, I'll always be there for you, I'll be your number one fan and I know you'll be mine.

While I enjoy being single, I can't wait to meet you and start our lives together. I can't wait to find the one I was meant to be with - that is if you believe in soul mates. You may even roll your eyes when I say that.

If I were to tell you one thing though, it's be persistent. I'll be hard to win over, careful to trust, hesitant to ever say "yes" to a date. But make me believe there's no other option for me. Make me realize that this will be the best decision of my life.

Because I won't realize it then. I won't realize how much I love you when you're standing right there in front of me.

But, know this, I do love you.

And I can't wait to meet you.

Love,
Laura

Laura is a college student, New Adult author and blogger over at The Laura Way. 

1 comment:

Mary @ Eat Drink and Be Mary said...

Wow this is an amazing letter. Gave me chill bumps!