if i had written wedding vows

Last week I wrote a post about the reason why my wedding did not include wedding vows. And ever since, I've been wondering, what if I HAD written wedding vows? What would I have said to convey my love and devotion to my almost-husband? How could I condense my feelings for my sweetheart into something short enough to read at a ceremony? So here is what I wrote up...


Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamed about my wedding day. What it would be like, who I'd be marrying, and when it would be. I dreamed of a summer wedding, a beautiful sunny day, much like today. I dreamed of a tall handsome prince, wearing a pink tie and a perfect smile. I pictured myself as Cinderella, marrying my Prince Charming and living happily ever after. I dreamed of my fairy tale. 

Who would've guessed that my love story would actually be one for the storybooks. 8 short weeks after meeting you, we decided on forever. You got down on one knee and spoke to me the sweetest words I've ever heard, you always knew my answer, I couldn't imagine life without you. 

You were sent to me from God. You became the greatest blessing in my life and our relationship was not a coincidence. You are my protector, my provider, and my hero. You listen to my problems, and remind me how much my Heavenly Father loves me. You see things in me that sometimes I don't see in myself. You support me in all my crazy ideas, and can make me laugh harder than anyone else. 

 When I'm with you, I feel a little bit closer to heaven, because life with you is heaven on earth. And I can't imagine doing life with anyone else. So here's to a lifetime with you, my Prince Charming. Now and forever darling, I love you. And I'll ALWAYS be yours. 



post signature

5 comments:

Amberly said...

Umm... this is perfect!!!! Can I steal this idea?!?! Of course I would tell everyone where I got it. But I like this idea of writing what I would have said if I had wedding vows. I might do it for an anniversary post or something in a few months! :)

Kelsey Eaton said...

this is so so cute!! i love it. makes me wonder what I would have said :)

Anonymous said...

You made me emotional in the best way possible. I love you guys!

McKenzie said...

Awwwww swoon! So perfect! I don't think you could have done any better!

Lina Ines on Tumblr said...

omg! I didn't know you only knew your husband for eight weeks before you got engaged! That's insane - but so incredibly romantic too!