disney tip: castaway cay biking

My family has been on 5 Disney cruises if I count correctly. I know, we're spoiled rotten. But the good news is that means I'm basically an insider and I can share my goods with you! So today I want to share with you something we didn't do on our first cruise, but we've done on every cruise since.


For those of you who aren't aware, Disney owns it's own private island. AWESOME RIGHT? This island is called Castaway Cay (Cay is said like "key"). It's beautiful and there is so much to do you can never do it all. But one thing I would encourage you to do is rent bikes and ride them.

I know you think you're on vacation and that this is painful exercise, but it's so fun and a perfect way to burn off the calories you'll be eating back at the midnight buffet. The bike trails include the airstrip, and two nature trails. The entire trail is only 1.5 miles long, so I promise you won't die. And the views are beautiful!

The cost is only $10 and those you who have done excursions on cruises know how cheap that is. The bike rentals are hardly ever busy, and they have bikes for every one in the family. Even pink ones!



Here is another post with some awesome pictures of the trail, although the pricing on the website is a little outdated, you can see how beautiful of a ride it is!

Have you ever been on a cruise? What was your favorite part?


post signature

3 comments:

Amberly said...

I want to go on a Disney cruise SO badly!!

Rachel said...

I've never been on a cruise, but if I did go, I'd probably want to go on a Disney cruise!

Ashley Anderson said...

WHAAAAAT?!! I am SOOOO jealous that you've been on not just 1 but 5 DISNEY cruises!!!