small & simple things

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls."
Alma 37:6-7

Happy Thursday everyone! I am just popping in today to share one of my favorite scriptures. I was reading this talk the other day and have been pondering on this scripture ever since.

 I've thought about how simple it is to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon with my husband every night, but how many blessings we have seen from it. How simple it is to ask someone how their day is going, and how that simple question can turn their entire day around. How simple is it to turn off the radio for just ONE song, and spend that time in prayer to our Heavenly Father. Can you imagine the difference you might see in your life, just by adding small and simple changes to your every day routines?

What small and simple changes have you made in your life?


post signature

2 comments:

Ashley Romney said...

Such a great thought!! You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing and I want to implement this in my life more!

Tanika said...

I am sort of in love with this post! We read a chapter every night, too :) Makes me feel better about the day to be honest. Nothing else gives you the feeling of reading the scripture and feeling the holy ghost does!!