How #jolleythanks changes my thinking

At the beginning of November, I jumped on the mainstream train and started a gratitude journal. I have been sharing some of my entries via Instagram with the hashtag #jolleythanks.

I almost didn't do it. I used to be one of those people who got bugged by everyone only expressing gratitude in November. But why not? Why not let them be better people one month out of the year? And I decided to jump on board and see what it did for me.



I haven't 100% done it every day, but if I find myself with a few extra minutes at school or in the evening, I fill a page with things I am grateful for. From green lights on a busy traffic day, to Chickfila Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes, I am realizing how much I have to be grateful for.

Of course I'm grateful for the usual, my family, friends, husband, school, etc. So it's fun to sit and think about how I'm grateful that my husband gave me a neck massage, or that I'm grateful for stress relieving bubble bath! I like to think through my whole day and find unusual things to be grateful for.

It's a challenge and a fun exercise. It helps me stay positive even when I'm feeling discouraged. Cheesy right? But it's the truth. Writing out gratitude lists helps me look past mistakes I've made because I look at those mistakes as learning experiences I am grateful for. #jolleythanks changes my thinking because it makes me look at my life from different perspectives, and leaves me shining a little bit brighter!


post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks and I will be giving this to someone else. I call that, Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Thanks and I will be giving this to someone else. I call that, Thanksgiving.