divine nature value experience #1


One of my favorite things ever produced by the LDS church is The Family: A Proclamation to the World. It spells out the importance of family, and the roles each individual in a family is supposed to play. Part of this experience is to read The Family and several other scriptures, taking note to write down the divine qualities of a daughter of God. 

-Read The Family: A Proclamation to the World
 -2 Peter 1
-Alma 7:23-24
-Doctrine & Covenants 121:45

My List...
Love and cares for her husband
Rears children in love and righteousness
Honors marital vows with complete fidelity
Nurturer
Grace & Peace
Virtuous
Faith
Knowledge
Temperance
Patience
Godliness
Brotherly Kindness
Charity
Humble
Submissive
Gentle
Easy to be entreated
Long-Suffering
Temperate in All Things
Diligent in Keeping the Commandments
Asks for What She Needs
Returns thanks to God
Abounds in Good Works

How can I discover & develop each of these qualities?

Lately I've been struggling. The gospel tends to seem like a long laundry list of all the things we need to be doing. Reading scriptures, praying, serving, going visiting teaching, being a good wife, being a good daughter, temple attendance, serve in a calling, memorize scripture mastery, share the gospel, support missionaries, etc. It's overwhelming.

I've come to recognize these lists are not here for us to become overwhelmed. These lists are steps to Godhood. And at different times in our lives we will be better at doing some things better than others. My little sister is serving a mission in Canada, so she's doing awesome at sharing the gospel. But she doesn't get to go to the temple all the time. I am blessed to live by so many temples, and have sporadic opportunities to share the gospel at school and around town. 

I can develop these qualities by setting and reaching goals. I like to set goals every Sunday and work towards them throughout the week. It's a time for me to analyze how I'm doing, and recommit. This list of qualities will help me focus my goal setting a little more. 

I recognize my talents by asking Heavenly Father to help me see all the good in me. It's not always easy, but when I ask him to help me find ways to use my personal qualities for good, he always helps me. Always. 


post signature

No comments: